Membership FAQs

How do I know if I'm eligible to join the Sons?

Membership in this organization is established through an individual's parents' or grandparents' military service. Essentially, if your parents or grandparents are (or were) eligible to join The American Legion, you would be eligible to join the Sons of The American Legion.


How can I sign up for the Sons?

Contact the Commander of the Sons Dave Kingery, Adjutant, Squadron 15 by email or phone: 303-882-5829



I am a member of The American Legion. Can I also belong to the Sons?

Yes! Many veterans who are eligible for membership in The American Legion are also eligible to join the Sons. They are very much welcome to belong to both organizations. We call these individuals dual members. They are quite often an important link between the Sons and The Legion Post in their home towns.


How much does it cost to belong to the Sons?

Sons only-$20

Dual AL/SAL-$10


I am moving to a new town and want to transfer my membership there. How do I get a new card?

Be sure to report your new address. You can do that in person through your new Squadron Adjutant, or you can do it electronically by going to The Legion's Web site and filling out an electronic form.